1. You might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
You might be the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.
You may be both. You probably aren’t either.
2. Stop calling my roommate. Stop texting my friends.
Stop showing up everywhere you know I’m going to be.
3. This is completely your fault and I’m taking the fall.
Watch me fall.
4. How dare you have the nerve to show up on Thanksgiving
wearing red. I told you that you looked beautiful in red.
Instead, that day, you just looked like you were trying too hard.
5. Is this all because I was trying too hard?
6. “She won’t even make eye contact with me.”
“I still want to be friends.”
“I still love her as a person.”
do not count as apologies.
7. I miss you. I miss you. I hate you. I miss you.
8. Stop asking everyone how I’m doing. How the fuck do you think I’m doing? How the fuck would you be doing?
9. The new scars are not your fault. The skipped meals are not your fault. The bruises and the vomit aren’t your fault. You can only cause me pain internally.
10. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go?
Far enough back that we never would have started?
Or just far enough back that no one would know?
—10 Text Messages I Wanted To Send You But Wouldn’t, by Kim Rhodes
—"You Taste Like Crushed Up Vicodin" (via adderalldust)
—Kristina Haynes, “The Things You Aren’t Supposed to Say”